To participate in the planning and delivery of academic advising and counseling services and programs that promote comprehensive educational opportunities for all students. Cooperate with faculty members in providing for academic advising needs of individuals or groups of students. Responsible for understanding and interpreting the requirements and academic options in specific assigned areas and for knowing basic information about other academic areas to facilitate the student’s pursuit of fields of interest.
1) Provides timely information and advice to students (individually and groups) regarding the development of educational course/degree plan options, the resources available, and university policies.
2) Organize and assist in departmental projects, providing audits for graduating seniors, and submitting substitutions to the Dean for approval.
3) May be required to train students or staff involved in academic advising.
4) Perform additional duties as assigned.
The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. As an institution of access and excellence, UTSA embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property – for Texas, the nation and the world. A multicultural discovery enterprise institution with more than 32,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region with four campuses across the city.
1) You must submit an application before 11:59 p.m. on 02/08/2021 to be considered for this position. At the discretion of the hiring department, this posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
2) At present, this role is a UTSA telecommuting position, and the candidate selected for this position will be required to work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Telecommuters may be required to work on campus at times; travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. It is expected that this position will return to campus in the future. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
3) UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
4) This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
5) Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States by time of hire.
6) At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.
7) Applicants must specifically address in their resume and cover letter how they meet all required education, experience, and skills for this position.
8) The required education must be completed by January 1, 2021.
9) Applicants selected for the interview must provide an advising portfolio at the time of the interview.
10) UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.