Performs responsible work in the advising of students on TWU programs and services. Responsible for working with students in an effort to help individuals select, outline and achieve educational and developmental goals. Work is performed independently under limited supervision and performance is based upon completion of assignments and results obtained. The performance evaluation is conducted through the performance evaluation system and in accordance with the University Policy & Procedures.
May include, but not limited to the following:
- Uses computer software and university data systems to review student files and to update them when needed (TSI compliance, Student Planning, Colleague, G-Media, etc.) and uses internet to locate information.
- Advises students (undergraduate, graduate, transfer, and/or continuing) individually and in groups on academic programs.
- Provides advising for designated college, and when needed, advising for other TWU students.
- Advises students in meeting readiness requirements (tests, developmental work).
- Guides students in using university resources and academic planning to enhance retention and graduation.
- Supports first-generation and special populations in reaching their goals.
- Analyzes and processes degree plans, grade change forms, and other required forms.
- Assists students in understanding current state and university rules for readiness assessment, course repetition, credit limits, and related rules needed to graduate in a timely manner.
- Performs electronic updates and removals of registration blocks in university data system; uses electronic systems to review academic records (G-media, etc.).
- Maintains advising files, electronic records, and other advising records for functional continuity.
- Participates in Orientations, Open Houses, and other recruitment/retention activities.
- Attends regular training and development sessions.
- Serves on campus committees and task forces as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains contact with various academic components to clarify and document departmental expectations.
- Supports retention efforts and promotes solid working relationships with students, staff, and faculty.
- Participates in training workshops for faculty advisors.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Advertised Salary $2,927.50