NOTE: Both a cover letter and resume are required for this position in conjunction with your application.
Job Title: Career Advisor - Remote Opportunity (Work from Home)
Zeiders is an industry leader in military and family support. Our company's reputation is based on providing top quality service with exceptional, dedicated employees. This approach has earned client confidence and repeat business from satisfied customers. Headquartered in Woodbridge, VA, Zeiders employees support clients worldwide in behavioral health, military family resiliency, work-life education programs, and related services. We seek individuals with strong passion for what we do and our commitment to quality service.
The SECO program offers comprehensive education, career and employment services to all military spouses through: SECO Coaching Services, the MySECO web presence, and the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) Component.
Career Advisors provide support to military spouses through Military OneSource’s Military Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) Program Contract by connecting military spouses with academic and employment opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain readiness to support military spouses in a fast-paced contact center work environment.
- Receive initial calls from military spouses via a live hand off using contact center technology.
- Receive incoming live chats from military spouses.
- Provide education and career advising, including but not limited to:
Opportunities for online and distance education and training
Tools for school selection and financial assistance resources
Federal, state, and local occupational licensing
Credentialing information for select career fields
- Schedule career coaching appointments.
- Assist spouses with troubleshooting website access associated with SECO programs.
- Assist with the administration of a Department of Defense military spouse scholarship program.
- Maintain government provided case management system, spouse profiles and scholarship accounts.
Shift for this position:
The contact center’s hours of operation are Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM EST, and Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST.
- Successful candidate’s specific schedule will be determined by need of the contract and may change based on projected call volume and work balance across the team to fulfill the requirements of the contract.
Required Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Zeiders is a COVID-19 vaccination-required company and requires all employees to be vaccinated or seek an approved accommodation for a protected reason (medical or religious).
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field AND 4+ years professional work experience with diverse ADULT populations in education, career, or employment counseling.
- U. S. Citizenship due to US Government systems access.
- Home internet service with speeds in excess of 3Mb in both directions (upload and download) through a broadband internet service (e.g. Cable, Fios, etc. as opposed to DSL, Satellite, dial-up).
- Candidate must have strong technology and research skills, as well as ability to navigate multiple computer systems simultaneously.
- Candidate must have a positive, approachable personality coupled with impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be a patient listener with strong analytical ability. He or she must be able to interpret the needs of the client and provide the appropriate support and/or resources.
- Candidate must be able to use critical thinking skills to connect the client to applicable resources, including SECO career coaching, in support of reaching their education and career goals.
- Candidate must demonstrate attention to detail and ability to adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Preference for candidates with experience working in a contact center or educational service operations environment.
- Preference for former Military, Military Spouse, Veteran or Wounded Warrior.
Physical Demands: Must have a home office set up. Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay Range: $36,000 - $54,100
PLEASE NOTE: The Zeiders pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Please apply via our Careers Page using this link: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ZEI1000ZEID/JobBoard/5966f8ea-2f33-46ea-aa96-f4f549ba84eb/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=39ba0650-3bdf-4233-9bb5-a4bc8889e1ed
Julianne Mason JMason@Zeiders.com