These are full-time, term Administrative/Professional positions. Academic areas of focus include, but are not limited to, Liberal Arts.
• Establish and maintain a culture of providing exceptional service to students at SIUC.
• Serve as a strong, enthusiastic ambassador for the university’s academic programs;
• Supervise, oversee and mentor academic advisors, student workers and other staff assigned to the advising center;
• Manage and administer day-to-day operations of the advising center;
• Promote and institute an inclusive environment where all students, faculty and staff are valued, supported and respected;
• Serve as a liaison between the academic programs, the Provost’s office and academic advisors;
• Maintain excellent current knowledge of the university’s academic programs, curriculum, practices and academic and student policies;
• Maintain strong working knowledge of the various types of student financial assistance programs;
• Assist with gathering, interpreting and reporting of student enrollment as well as assessment data;
• Serve on committees concerned with advancement of academic advising and/or student success;
• Prepare an annual report for the academic advisement center that includes outcomes, assessment and continuous improvement indicators as well as changes in undergraduate degree programs;
• Coordinate with Student Affairs and Enrollment Management areas to ensure accuracy of advising materials distributed to students, faculty and staff.
Submit application at: https://jobs.siu.edu/
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, IL 62901
C. Jenise Wilson, Director Undergraduate Advisement
Office of the Provost SIU MC 4711
Carbondale, IL 62901
Master’s degree; 3 years of experience with academic advising at a four-year institution or higher; experience advising students in multiple degree programs; proficiency in basic Microsoft Office programs; proficiency with student information systems (e.g., Banner, Student Success Collaborative-Campus) and degree audit systems (e.g., Degree Works); Knowledge of policies and procedures associated with SIUC (e.g., Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Affairs, Accreditation, Transfer Student Services).