The purpose of this position is to conduct recruitment activities for the Honors College, offer effective academic advising to Honors students, participate in the College's summer Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration program for incoming students, and provide other administrative services to the College.
• Oversee all Honors College recruitment activities
• Manage marketing (internal and external), including serving as a liaison to Marketing and Brand Strategy, managing social media presence, and maintaining website
• Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean, participate in the Honors College Summer Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR) program and Fall Welcome Program for incoming students
• Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean, provide academic advising to Honors students
• Perform other duties as needed, including but not limited to: -Coordinate programming -Represent the Honors College at University functions in the absence of the Dean and/or Associate Dean -Represent the College on University committees (e.g., the Enrollment Network) -Attend Honors College staff meetings -Respond to miscellaneous requests for information from students, staff, faculty, and administrators
•Other duties as assigned
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4675932
Salary: Depends on Qualifications Job Type: Full-Time Division: Honors College Opening Date: 10/06/2023 Location: Main Campus (BG), OH Job Number: BGSU00225 Department: Honors College Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘October 20, 2023'. Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer . We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421 or email email@example.com.
Minimum Qualifications The following Degree is required:
• Bachelor's degree required. Successful candidate must have degree conferred at the time of application.
The following Experience is required:
• 1 year high school/post-secondary recruitment and/or marketing.
• Two years of experience as a GA or student employee is equal to one year of professional experience.
The following Experience is preferred: • 6 months high school/post-secondary advising, or supervision of student employees/student volunteers Additional Information Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Understanding of needs of high achieving students
• Strong time management skills
• Team player and ability to work with individuals and departments across campus