Please note: we have revised the required qualifications: a Bachelor’s Degree is required for this position as of June 3, 2022. The Project Director for the SSS Program at MSUN will be a 12-month, 100% position. The Director will be responsible for the overall design, management, supervision, evaluation and implementation of the grant components, especially the current grant cycle modifications. The Director also will be the primary individual responsible for informing the campus of the SSS goals/objectives and achievements and for establishing collaboration with other campus departments to serve first generation, low income and disabled students. The primary objectives for this TRIO grant are increasing retention of students served; increasing the number of students served who are in good standing; and increasing the completion rate for those students who are served. The Director also will ensure correct and proper reporting to the US Department of Education. Professional Development is provided through Montana College Attainment Network (MCAN), Council for Opportunity in Education (COE), ASPIRE (The Association of Special Programs in Region Eight); professional mentoring is provided as well. Additional professional development funding is available to staff as well. A federal TRIO Student Support Services grant funds this position. The purpose of the Student Support Services Program (SSS) is to increase the number of disadvantaged low-income college students, first-generation college students, and college students with disabilities in the United States who successfully complete a program of study at the postsecondary level (US Department of Education). Funding is available for the five-year period of the grant; MSUN has received TRIO SSS grants for over two decades. Along with our great benefit package, MSUN offers paid holidays, paid sick leave and paid vacation leave.
1. Designs, coordinates, and supervises all project components.
2. Ensures the SSS Program is implemented in full compliance with the Higher Education. Opportunity Act, the SSS Program regulations, the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR), all other applicable Federal regulations and requirements.
3. Oversees participant assessment, monitoring, implementation of services and activities.
4. Administers the budget, approves expenditures, monitors line items, and reconciles the budget with the Business Office.
5.Develops implements and monitors administrative and professional policies, procedures, and standards for the project.
6.Markets and Informs prospective students as well as other constituents including faculty and staff about SSS and its services.
7. Advertises for, interviews, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates SSS Staff.
8. Serves as the SSS liaison to all campus units and departments offering services.
9. Works with all MSUN departments to monitor participant retention and develop policies that will improve student retention.
10. Informs academic, administrative, and service units at MSUN of SSS objectives and procedures.
11. Maintains a close liaison with campus programs and community agencies that assist in student referrals and monitoring.
12.Prepares Annual Performance Reports for the Department of Education, MSUN, and any other entities that require them.
13.Evaluates the effectiveness of the project and its services.
1. Apply online at this link, http://www.msun.edu/hr/employment.aspx
2. Note to the applicant: In your cover letter, please address the required and preferred qualifications listed in the notice of vacancy for this job and how you meet each one.
3. Please submit the Background Authorization Form which can be found here: http://www.msun.edu/hr/forms/Authorization_for_Background_Investigation-MSU-Northern.pdf Copy and paste this address into your browser's address bar to access this form. You may email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (406) 265-3530. You may also drop it off in Cowan Hall room 208. Please type YES in the answer box (found in online application) showing you understand this additional requirement.
Located in Havre, Montana, Montana State University-Northern (MSUN) is north central Montana's comprehensive university offering programs and services at the associate, baccalaureate, and master's levels. Whether you want to study here or work here, you will feel at home at MSU-Northern, "MSUN". Our web site is informative and a great way to see what Northern has to offer. https://www.msun.edu/. Explore our beautiful campus via a virtual tour, http://www.msun.edu/aboutmsun/interactivemap.aspx. Degree programs range from teacher education to engineering technology, emphasizing both technology and liberal arts education. MSUN programs are in the disciplines of business, nursing, engineering and mechanical technology, teacher education, natural sciences, and humanities. Applied research and service functions are aligned with many of the university's disciplines and respond directly to the region's economic and societal needs. Specializing in serving a large geographic region, MSUN serves an area that includes four Native American reservations along with Montana's smallest and largest towns. The University functions as an important cultural resource and continuing education center.
Salary $55,000-60,000 annual; Preview the benefits package for this professional class position at this link, http://www.msun.edu/hr/benefits-ape.aspx.
We welcome your questions and interest in this position and about Montana State University-Northern. Please feel free to call or email Human Resources staff. P.O. Box 7751 Havre, MT 59501 email@example.com Office: 406-265-3789 or 3568 Fax: 406-265-3530