Ecampus is seeking an Ecampus Research Unit Director. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE),12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Executive Director. Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world. The Ecampus Research Director provides leadership and administrative management to the Ecampus Research Unit, which conducts original research in online teaching and learning (including the subset of hybrid instruction), supports OSU faculty in conducting research in online teaching and learning, and convenes and participates national discussions related to online education, including research discussion groups, multi-year seminar programs, and other national programs and activities. The director of this unit also leads the development of research-related tools and promotes research literacy within Ecampus and broadly in the field of online education. The unit’s director establishes, implements, and facilitates assessment of the research unit’s goals and policies and leads a team including other researchers and administrative support personnel. This director serves along with other Ecampus unit directors as a member of the Ecampus leadership team. The position will be responsible for directing a research fellows program; directing the use of budgeted funds for unit operations and to maintain the award program; initiating, developing and maintaining multiple entrepreneurial activities including proposals to external granting agencies. This director also serves as the principal liaison with external state, national and industrial partners to identify and facilitate opportunities in developing partnerships and cooperative research projects. Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position directly contributes to these goals by overseeing the design of research projects and tools that prioritize inclusivity and accessibility for a range of stakeholders.
30% Research and Research Dissemination
20% Program Vision and Direction
20% Program Management, Outreach, and Supervision
15% Assessment and Evaluation
10% Grant Acquisition
5% Professional Development
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents: 1) A Curriculum vitae; and 2) A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position. You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses and telephone numbers as part of the application process. Application link: http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/87246
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
For more information and to apply go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/87246
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution
• 5 years of demonstrated experience with research projects, to include idea conception, design, implementation and review/assessment for project development
• Demonstrated leadership skills or supervisory experience
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, including the ability to collaborate effectively across diverse cultures, units and organizations
• Strong analytical skills, including fluency with both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
• Demonstrable understanding of university environments, specifically in regard to human subject research protocols
• Demonstrable experience with implementation of full-cycle assessment and/or program level accountability
• This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal History Check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU STANDARD 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in Youth Programs may have additional Criminal History Checks every 24 months. Offers of employment are contingent upon meeting all minimum qualifications including the Criminal History Check Requirement.
• Ph.D. within one year of start date
• Experience disseminating research, such as in white papers, peer-reviewed journals, book chapters, webinars, and/or professional conference presentations
• Demonstrated success leading, or playing an instrumental role in, successful grant proposals
• Demonstrable understanding of pedagogical approaches in higher education, specifically in the online and technology enabled environment
• Experience managing project, program or department budgets and/or resources
• Administrative experience in higher education