The Antioch University Los Angeles MA in Psychology program (MAP) has a rapidly growing student enrollment. The full-time non-exempt Program Coordinator position is currently open to support this program growth. The Antioch University Los Angeles (AULA) campus is located in Culver City and has an engaging, supportive work environment. AULA has been operating virtually since March, 2020. Staff will continue virtually and also return to campus offices on a limited, part-time schedule starting in Fall of 2021. The MAP program offers demanding and stimulating courses and workshops which prepare students to become Marriage and Family Therapists in state of California. MAP has an unique curriculum with several specializations and varied opportunities for supervised traineeships across the Los Angeles area. The Program Coordinator (PC) plays a central role in the MAP program and is critical in assuring program and student success. The PC assists in developing academic program schedules, adjunct teaching schedules, and other functions which support the academic operations and student service functions of the MAP program. The PC also provides support to the clinical services of the Antioch Community Therapy Services (ACTS) by performing routine administrative tasks for the director and supervisors, including communication with student trainees.
Program Support and Administration: The Program Coordinator will be one of the four Program Coordinators currently assigned to MAP. The Program Coordinator will report to the MAP Senior Program Administrator.
The duties will include:
1. Assists in developing MAP course schedule and other administrative timelines.
2. Assists MAP leadership in the hiring process for- MAP and ACTS personnel.
3. Assists the MAP leadership in planning and facilitating New Student Orientation each quarter.
4. Participates in and helps support new faculty/trainee supervisor training programs.
5. Addresses student and faculty questions and concerns and facilitates timely communication to relevant parties.
6. Schedules and attends MAP program meetings manages follow through on all action items.
7. Supports administrative needs of faculty such as room scheduling, textbook orders, and classroom logistics. 8. Maintains confidentiality on issues related to students, faculty and sensitive program matters.
9. Facilitates technological needs of Program. Assists with use of University applications and platforms as needed.
10. Completes other projects as assigned by MAP leadership.
1. Assists in maintaining archives of all MAP courses and MAP faculty documents.
2. Updates e-mail lists of students and faculty.
3. Assists in collecting course assessments, student surveys and other data to support program assessment of program curriculum, student learning and satisfaction.
For more information and to apply, go to www.antioch.edu/employment/
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
• A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
• Ability to work independently and think critically.
• Strong organizational and writing skills, and attention to detail are required.
• Ability to develop, interpret and communicate information effectively to students, faculty, and the public.
• Ability to communicate diplomatically.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and manage time effectively.
• Computer skills required are knowledge of PCs, MS Office suite, and knowledge of or willingness to learn Filemaker Pro database, Adobe Pro and SPSS statistical software.
• Must be available to work some nights and weekends to assist with special events.