Xavier University of Louisiana invites applications for Program Coordinator for, Xavier Exponential and related initiatives (national fellowships and institutional partnerships).The primary goal of Xavier Exponential is to provide exceptional Xavier students a transformative, “high-powered” honors experience through interdisciplinary, collaborative and innovative approaches to learning that also affect positive social change. Now in the second year, this honors experience includes co-curricular programming in three areas: Global Engagement, Enhanced Leadership, and Career Preparation. A few benefits of the Exponential experience include access to a residential honors community, mini-grant opportunities for international travel, special access to speakers and distinguished guests, individualized advising for nationally competitive fellowships and awards, and signature retreats.The Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Xavier Exponential in supporting students applying for national fellowships and scholarships as well as selective opportunities requiring institutional nominations. The Coordinator will assist with monthly programming, communications, maintaining accurate records, and managing office work flow. This position reports to the Director of Xavier Exponential/Special Assistant to the Provost for Scholarly Development and Institutional Alliances.The Program Coordinator will work with Exponential Scholars and other qualified students, faculty, advisors, and academic administrators to support Xavier Exponential, Fellowships Advising, Scholarly Development and Institutional Alliances.
|- Maintain and enhance the Exponential website to ensure accessibility, clarity, and educational value.
- Assist in communication of Exponential activities and manage the program calendar.
- Assist in the coordination of recruitment, program applications, and selection for incoming cohorts in collaboration with the Exponential Advisory Council, the Office of Admissions, and Office of Marketing and Communications
- Provide on-site supervision of events, oversee facilities use, provide support, and assist in problem resolution.
- Assist with assessment efforts, assemble data, write and/or edit reports.
- Process requisitions for supplies, personnel action forms, and follow-up with purchase orders, invoices and deliveries.
- Assist in preparing program budgets and annual report for approval of supervisor and manage and monitor expenditures.
- Supervise Exponential student worker and intern and manage timesheets.
- Manage communications with students and advisors regarding outcomes of proposals.
- Limited travel to relevant conferences, regional events for professional development.
Perform related duties as required.
- Assist students applying for competitive national fellowships and select opportunities with partner institutions (i.e. Goldwater and BUILD Project Pathways)
- Process mini-grant applications, paperwork, records, and files to support Exponential Scholars portfolios. Enhance electronic data systems, where appropriate.
- Assist in the coordination of the annual retreat, to include securing space, event planning, creating program guides, and logistics for guest speakers/facilitators.
- Assist in coordination of the Provost Speaker Series, collaborating with key stakeholders on logistics
- Perform related duties as assigned.Institutional Alliances- Assist in the coordination of site visits of select institutional partner representatives (i.e. Leadership Alliance and BUILD)
- Maintain a database of fellowships, scholarships, institutional partnership opportunities, and other resource materials.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply using Xavier’s online application site by logging in to https://jobs.xula.edu
Founded in 1925 by Saint Katharine Drexel and the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament, Xavier is Catholic and historically Black. Located in New Orleans, the ultimate purpose of the University is to contribute to the promotion of a more just and humane society by preparing its students to assume roles of leadership and service in a global society. This preparation takes place in a diverse learning and teaching environment that incorporates all relevant educational means, including research and community service.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Three to five years’ experience in a responsible administrative support position that demonstrates knowledge of administrative methods, including managing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects and regularly exercise sound judgment in addressing program issues
- Ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize workload
- Proven record of achieving goals-
Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe
- Experience in higher education working with students and faculty across disciplines
- Experience with data analysis, database design, and program evaluation
- Experience in designing or updating web pages and social media using relevant software (e.g. WordPress, HootSuite)