Application deadline: August 18, 2021
Presented to selected new advising professionals with at least one (1) year of experience (12 months calendar year), but for less than three (3) in a position(s) where advising comprises at least 50% of their job duties. This scholarship provides those selected with an opportunity to experience the Annual Conference in order to enhance their future leadership potential in NACADA. The scholarship waives the early bird member registration fee only and travel/hotel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship recipient. The provision of this type of support upholds one of the primary goals of the Association, which is to offer comprehensive professional development opportunities.
These scholarships are made possible due to the success of the NACADA Silent Auction held during the Annual Conference and your donations.
- Previous New Advisor Annual Conference Scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Prior scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Only one nominee per category per institution will be considered
COMMITMENT of Scholarship Recipients:
If you are chosen as a recipient, part of your responsibility will be to document your experiences so that we may promote the benefits of attendance to others. You can opt to document your experiences in the following ways:
- via social media using the Annual Conference hashtag
- create a blog post for the NACADA blog here: https://nacada.wordpress.com/
- write an article for possible publication by Academic Advising Today
- craft a digital story of some type with photos/slides from your conference experiences
- should you have a unique idea related to reporting on your scholarship participation, propose it to Executive Office Liaison, Dawn Krause for approval.
Submit a Nomination