ELP funds may be used only for membership renewal and registration / travel to NACADA regional / annual / international conferences and institutes.
- ELP funds used for registration purposes should be for events providing personal growth benefit to the ELP participant by allowing them to connect with other leaders and members as they look for opportunities to get involved.
- ELP funds cannot be used for special tours associated with a NACADA event or for any event not sponsored by NACADA.
- ELP funds are not intended for those events or resources which may provide more institutional benefit or that do not provide association connection / involvement / leadership opportunities (such as Web Events, eTutorials, or any type of hard copy or downloadable publication).
Submitting a Membership Renewal OR Registering for a NACADA Conference
- Although the registration fee for ELP participants to attend a conference or institute may be covered by NACADA, a completed registration form is still needed for processing purposes. This also applies for a membership renewal.
- When submitting a membership renewal OR a registration form for a NACADA conference or institute, the Emerging Leader should write 'Complimentary as ELP participant' in the payment area on the form. NACADA will then transfer funds internally as appropriate to cover the cost of that event. NOTE: This cannot be done online; the faxable form must be used.
- If you choose to pay ONLINE for the event registration fee or membership and then submit that expense for reimbursement with ELP funds, reimbursement for events will be made after the event has concluded.
- Itemized receipts must be submitted for all expenses claimed.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses will be made after the event has been attended and travel completed.
- When flying, economy airfare must be booked at least 3 weeks in advance and excludes early check-in and seat upgrade fees. (If no "free" seat avalible at time of booking, airline is obligated to assign one at check-in.)
- The cost of taking an airport shuttle or taxi to and from event hotel is reimbursable with ELP funds.
- If you choose to travel by rental car, reimbursement for the car and related expenses (gas, tolls, hotel parking, parking meters, etc.) may be made up to the equivalent of round-trip airfare plus airport shuttle or taxi.
- If driving from your home to event, mileage may be reimbursed up to equivalent cost of a 21-day advance airfare and airport parking, whichever is less. Please include airfare documentation when appropriate.
- Reimbursable hotel expenses may include sleeping room charges (including taxes) and parking.
- Hotel expenses not covered may include phone calls, internet access, movie rentals, or similar.
- Allowable per diem is $50/day i.e. ($10/$15/$25) and may be adjusted when specified meals are provided in the event registration fee or when event is in a high-cost city.
- Reimbursements are made in U.S. funds.
- To expedite processing, email or fax the completed reimbursement form and receipts to Alan Klug (firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 532-7732). Original submissions are not required.