This group of professionals, concerned with advising programs at the two-year college level, was established in 1994 with the following objectives.
- To encourage two-year college community members to actively participate in regional and national conferences
- To provide continued support to and encourage networking among our members
- To provide a link to the regions through representatives
- To report activities to the membership
- To establish and augment venues for sharing of ideas, data, and support among professional two-year colleagues
The community has an active electronic mail list for the exchange of information and networking. It is a ready source for ideas and models when addressing campus issues including recommendations for changing procedures and methods to enhance the student experience. Some of the challenges addressed are students seeking specialized and associate degrees in unique situations, transfer credit issues, and retention.