Have you been in an advising role for four or more years? Do you have a passion for seeing others succeed? Do you thrive on promoting NACADA and training new advisors to become life-long advising professionals? Consider becoming a mentor for the Region 4 Mentoring Program!
As a mentor, you will:
- Learn about your mentee and share knowledge, perspective, and advising best practices.
- Assist in the creation of your mentee’s goals in order to establish a realistic timeline for completion of these goals.
- Discover your mentee’s strengths and weaknesses and encourage positive growth in these areas.
- Maintain communication with your mentee throughout the program in order to provide guidance and support as your mentee discovers his or her professional identity.
- Be instrumental in furthering NACADA strategic goals such as:
- Providing a professional development opportunity to your mentee by helping him or her grow in their role.
- Promoting the role of effective academic advising in student success by taking a vested interest in your mentee’s successes.
- Expanding and communicating the scholarship of academic advising