posted on November 25, 2013 11:45
The AAI is a nationally normed instrument available to members since 2004 without cost, providing that members adhere to the following guidelines:
NACADA members have permission to use AAI Parts I and II in their entirety, but individual items may not be removed from these two parts for use in other instruments.
NACADA members have permission to use individual items from Parts III and IV. Items in Parts III and IV may be altered or eliminated to fit local conditions.
Current NACADA members may download the AAI Instrument and User's Guide:
Things to consider:
- We do not provide scoring for the inventory
- Scanable answer sheets are no longer available for this instrument. Several campuses have distributed the AAI to their students using their campus-based test scoring sheet, but most have used their campus' survey software.
NACADA member, David Freitag, developed a freeware application available for use. We do not provide tech support for this application; contact David directly with questions.
We ask that all members using the AAI contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you plan to use the instruments. Questions regarding content of the AAI should be directed to Dr. Roger Winston who developed and normed the inventory.
The tools listed below have been made available by other NACADA members to the academic advising community.
- NACADA provides links to software tools as a convenience to its members and to the academic advising community at large. We are not liable for: Loss of data, incidental or consequential damages in connection with or arising from the use of the software or any related materials.
- NACADA does NOT Provide Updates And/Or Tech Support For any software. Contact the software provider with your questions or support requests.
- NACADA retains the copyright to the content of the AAI. Members utilizing the AAI materials with any of the tools listed above should closely follow our Fair Use Guidelines.