posted on November 04, 2012 11:45
Appreciative Advising Modified Annotated Bibliography from Appreciate Advising in Higher Education
- Bloom, J.and Martin, N.A. (2002, August 29). Incorporating appreciative inquiry into academic advising. The Mentor : An Academic Advising Journal, 4 (3). http://www.psu.edu/dus/mentor/020829jb.htm
- Hutson, B. L. (2006). UNCG Doctoral Dissertation: Monitoring for success: Implementing a proactive probation program for diverse, at-risk college students. http://libres.uncg.edu/edocs/etd/1104/umi-uncg-1104.pdf
- Kamphoff, C.S., Hutson, B.L., Amundsen, S.A., Atwood, J.A. (2007). A Motivational/Empowerment Model applied to students on academic probation. Journal of College Student Retention: Research, Theory, and Practice, 8 (4), 397-412.
- Habley, W. R. & Bloom, J. L. (2007). Giving advice that makes a difference. In G. L. Kramer (Ed.), Fostering student success in the campus community (pp. 171-192). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Jack H. Truschel. (2007). Using Appreciative Inquiry in advising at-risk students: Moving from challenge to success.The Mentor.
- Hutson, B. L. & Bloom, J. L. (2007, September). The impact of appreciative advising on student success. (1), 4, 7.
- Bloom, J. L., Cuevas, A. E. P., Evans, C. V., & Hall, J. W. (2007, Fall). Graduate students’ perceptions of outstanding graduate advisor characteristics, NACADA Journal(27) 2, 28-35.
- Bloom, J. L., Cuevas, A. E. P., Hall, J. W., & Evans, C. V. (2007, Fall). Graduate students’ perceptions of outstanding graduate advisor characteristics,NACADA Journal(27) 2, 28-35.
- Kaitlin L. Oyler. (January 9, 2008). Utilizing parents as a resource: The use of Appreciative Inquiry in academic advising. The Mentor.
- Megan Larkin. (February 6, 2008). Creating reflection on international experiences through appreciative advising. The Mentor.
- Kourtney C. Kocel. (March 12, 2008). Advising first-generation college students for continued success. The Mentor.
- Michelle Ashcraft. (July 16, 2008). From non-helicopter parent to appropriate support system: Appreciative Advising strategies for empowering parents of low-income, first-generation college students. The Mentor.
- Reitmeier Hall, Lindsay. (July 23, 2008). Appreciative Advising: How the Academic Centers for Excellence at the University of South Carolina are Utilizing This Breakthrough Concept. The Mentor.
- Bloom, J. L.,Hutson, B. L., & He, Y. (2008). The appreciative advising revolution. Champaign, IL: Stipes Publishing.
- Lauren M. Sanchez. (July 2, 2008).Two's company, three's a crowd: Can group advising be appreciative and effective?
- Ely, M.B. (2009, June). Staying positive: Five simple tools. Academic Advising Today, 32(2). Retrieved from http://www.nacada.ksu.edu/Resources/Academic-Advising-Today/View-Articles/Staying-Positive-Five-Simple-Tools.aspx
- Palmer, Eriko (2009). Using appreciative advising with international students. The Mentor. Retrieved from https://dus.psu.edu/mentor/old/articles/090909ep.htm
- Howell, Nancy G (2010). Appreciative Advising from the Academic Advisor's Viewpoint: A Qualitative Study. Dissertation, University of Nebraska at Lincoln.
- Hutson, Bryant L. (2010). The impact of an appreciative advising-based university studies course on college student first-year experience. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education (2)1. Retrieved from http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/17581184201000001
- University of Indiana. (2011). Appreciative Advising Questions
- Hughey, J. K. (2011). Strategies to enhance interpersonal relations in academic advising. NACADA Journal, 31(2), 22-32. doi:10.12930/0271-9517-31.2.22. Retrieved from http://nacadajournal.org/doi/pdf/10.12930/0271-9517-31.2.22
- Bloom, J., Hutson, B.L., Doyle, H, and Strollo Holbrook, T. (2012). Appreciative Advising Videocast recording available March 2012 from http://www.nacada.ksu.edu/Webinars/Recordings/techniques.htm
- Bohonos, J. (2013, June). Key theories of Lev Vygosky and John Dewey: Implications for academic advising theory. Academic Advising Today, 36(2). Retrieved from http://www.nacada.ksu.edu/Resources/Academic-Advising-Today/View-Articles/Key-Theories-of-Lev-Vygosky-and-John-Dewey-Implications-for-Academic-Advising-Theory.aspx
- Toliver, F. (2013, December). A plan for diversity. Academic Advising Today, 36(4). Retrieved from http://www.nacada.ksu.edu/Resources/Academic-Advising-Today/View-Articles/A-Plan-for-Diversity.aspx
- Butler, Marcedes, et. al. (2016). Appreciative advising: Retaining academic probation students. Journal of Appreciative Education 3(1). Retrieved from https://www.partnershipsjournal.org/index.php/jae/article/view/1170
- Cooney, Matthew A., et. al. (2016). Utilization of change theory to implement an appreciative advising model. Journal of Research, Assessment and Practice in Higher Education (1)1. Retrieved from http://ecommons.udayton.edu/jraphe/vol1/iss1/8/.
- Zhang, Yi (Leaf) (2016, July). Appreciative advising with international students in American community colleges. International Education at Community Colleges. Retrieved from https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1057/978-1-137-53336-4_7.
- Pulcini, Brad (2016, November). Appreciative advising to promot degree completion by Appalachian women. NACADA Journal, 36(2). Retrieved from http://nacadajournal.org/doi/full/10.12930/NACADA-15-016?=
Appreciative Advising chapter in the book Academic Advising Approaches: Strategies that teach students to make the most of college.
*All site links are member suggested; listing of commercial sites does not imply NACADA endorsemen