Each Advising Community has a webpage devoted to the information categories listed below in order to help members connect with their chosen 4 Communities when they join or renew their membership. Members use these webpages to better understand what the Community goals are, whether or not there are ways to get involved and can determine if it's a fit for their needs within the advising profession.
Contact Dawn Krause, NACADA Executlve Offfice Liaison to the ACD, in order to get your Community page updated or reworked.
Advising Community Home Pages
These pages are accessible by members from here via an alphbetical, topical listing. They include:
- a mission or overall goal statement for why the Community exists
- a brief description of the purpose of the AC
- other relevant, but succinct information on the population or topic addressed and how this impacts advisors and students.
The AC Chair's photo, name, Institution, and e-mail address will also appear on this page in the upper right corner. Chairs are responsible for providing revised content for the mission statement and AC description as needed, and Executive Office (EO) staff will post the changes.
News & Updates —If you have a AC newsletter or send periodic email updates to members, these can be added to the page. Chairs (or an assigned Steering Committee member that deals with the webpage and/or general communications issues) provides the newsletters, reports and updates for EO staff to post.
Images - Chairs provide a headshot for their webpage and other images can be added to the page in the main body (middle column) of the page. This image should be free of copyright. Any additional images can be posted to the page after EO review. Any images of less than 5 people, permission from those in the image must be given and passed along to the EO representative.
Goals and Objectives
This page includes the overall goals and objectives established for the AC in the Post-Conference or Annual Report.
Current & Past Leadership
The AC chair name and contact information is listed on this page as well as that of the chair-elect (if applicable). If the AC has a steering committee or other committees, the members of those committees can be listed as well. Should Operating Principles exist for the AC, this information can also be posted to this page. As Chair, you provide the information and EO staff will post it.
A direct link is made from this button to the current web page that provides the instructions for subscribing, posting messages and unsubscribing to the ACD listserv. You do not need to update this page-it is standard listserv information.
This page is used to post links to AC-related resources/content that serves as vital resources for members. As Chair, you provide the resource descriptions with url's or pdf's, and EO staff will post it. If no resources are provided specifically by the AC and there is a Clearinghouse page that is directly related, this link will direct members to the Clearinghouse resources. Generally speaking, resources provided by the AC should not be duplicative of what is available in the Clearinghouse, but should dovetail or add to advisor resources. Advising Community sponsored presentations or institutional examples of documents or processes are especially helpful. If a member posts to your listserv or Facebook page with a request for a syllabus or policy or procedure on your Community topic, this is a good indication that this could go into your resources area of the webpage. Resources that share "how it's done at our school" , as long as permission was gathered from the institution, are wonderful to add here. The Clearinghouse focuses moreso on content published in various NACADA outlets (AAT and NACADA Journal) and some information from key outside resources.
- AC webpages can be updated as needed anytime during the year.
- Chairs are responsible for the content of an AC's webpages as outlined above. However, Chairs may appoint a "Webmaster" to coordinate this responsibility.
- You do not need to spend any time formatting the information you will be providing. The EO staff will format the information to fit the content management system's template. After the information is posted or changes made, you will be notified via e-mail of the completion of this task.
- The AC's webpages on the NACADA server are considered the official AC's website. If there are resources stored elsewhere, such as on a Google drive, links can be created as long as Dawn Krause, the EO Liaison to the ACD is given admin status on that platform.