posted on December 02, 2013 11:45
The resources linked from this page are provided to NACADA members as a service. It is hoped that academic advisors will find the linked information helpful in familiarizing themselves with legal issues that may affect the practice of their profession. The resources are arranged by topics.
Please note that legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case; therefore this information will not substitute for advice from competent counsel. NACADA does NOT provide legal counsel nor answer legal questions.
Guidelines for Advisor's Notes:
- Due process rights of students, via UMKC
- Federal discrimination investigation assumes students, like home-buyers, can be illegally 'steered', via The Chronicle, 2011
- Litigious students and academic disputes, via The Chronicle, 2002
- Students' rights handbook, via ACLU ( Spanish Version ), 2013
- Student rights resource page via FindLaw
- Student speech, via ACLU
Students with Disabilities:
Additional Resource Links:
Related Commission and Interest Groups:
*All commercial sites are member suggested; listing of commercial sites does not imply NACADA endorsement