posted on June 01, 2002 01:08
The election of NACADA leadership positions for terms beginning in October 2002 began in January when ballots were mailed to all NACADA members. The positions for which candidates were seeking election included Board of Directors members, Regional Chairs, and Commission Chairs. The election process for these positions concluded in mid-February after all valid votes were tallied.
The election of the NACADA Division Representative to the Council positions was held in April for terms beginning in October 2002. The three positions involved in this special election include the Administrative Division Representative, the Regional Division Representative, and the Commission & Interest Group Division Representative. Only those individuals serving as Chairs of the sub-units within each of these divisions were eligible to vote for their respective Division Representative. The elected Division Representatives direct and lead the sub-units of their Division and are supported by an appointed Division Representative who serves a staggered term (overlapping vs. concurrent). Both Division Representatives for each division will serve on the NACADA Council in the new organizational structure, which becomes effective immediately following the national conference in Salt Lake City, UT this fall.
The 2002 election results are as follows:
Board of Directors:
- Board of Directors A (1-Year Term, 2002-2003): Elaine Borrelli, Wes Habley
- Board of Directors B (2-Year Term, 2002-2004): Jo Anne Huber, Nancy Lapp
- Board of Directors C (3-Year Term, 2002-2005): Alan Welch
- Administrative Division Representative (Term, 2002-2004): Catherine Joseph
- Regional Division Representative (Term, 2002-2004): Terry Musser
- Commission Division Representative (Term, 2002-2003): Casey Self
- Administrative Division Representative (Term, 2002-2003): John Mortensen
- Regional Division Representative (Term, 2002-2003): Brian Glankler
- Commission Division Representative (Term, 2002-2004): Skip Crownhart
Regional Chairs: (2002-2004)
- Mid-Atlantic Region 2: Bill Johnson
- Southeast Region 4: Glenn Kepic
- North Central Region 6: Kathleen 'Kim' Roufs
- Northwest Region 8: Kay Reddell
- Rocky Mountain Region 10: Sharon Aiken-Wisniewski
Commission Chairs: (2002-2004)
- Multicultural Concerns: Brian Stanley
- Advising Administration: Alice Reinarz
- Small Colleges & Universities: Maura Reynolds
- Undecided & Exploratory Students: Tom Kenyon
- Faculty Advisors: Tim Champarde
- Advising Students with Disabilities: Harvey Carlson
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered & Allies Concerns: Dean Jolly
- Advising Transfer Students: Betsy West
- Engineering & Science Advising: Jill Johnson
The Nominations & Election Committee appreciates the time that NACADA members took to study the qualifications, cast their votes, and mail the ballots. We also thank all individuals who participated in the election, the candidates who ran for office as well as those who nominated them, and congratulate those who have been elected to leadership positions. Their willingness to make this commitment to NACADA is greatly appreciated.
Interested in Serving in a Leadership Position?
If you or a colleague are interested in serving in a NACADA Leadership position and would like to be a candidate in next year's election, the 2003 Leadership Recommendation Form must be submitted to the Executive Office by October 15, 2002 or turned in at the national conference in Salt Lake City in the fall. Both online and printable forms will be available on our web site in July.
Cite this article using APA style as: 2002 leadership position election results. (2002, June). Academic Advising Today, 25(2). [insert url here]