Authors are encouraged to consult the NACADA Review rubric which may provide guidance as they compose and write a manuscript. This rubric is intended to be heuristic rather than hegemonic. Creativity and innovation are always welcome.
To Submit a Manuscript:
Manuscripts are accepted via the Allen Press PeerTrack site: https://www.editorialmanager.com/nacr/Default.aspx
If you have not registered for a PeerTrack account, you will need to do so prior to submitting your manuscript.
For technical assistance in submitting a manuscript to the NACADA Review, call Peer Track Support directly at (800) 627-0326 Ext. 178 or (785) 865-9178 Monday-Fridays 8 AM – 4:30 PM Central time. Authors may also email PeerTrack Support at email@example.com.
- The manuscript should be 4,000-6,000 words. (To discuss possible submissions outside this range please contact the editorial team at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- A properly formatted title page based on APA 7 guidelines is required. However, it must be submitted separately (in an individual, separate word document) from the full manuscript. The full manuscript should not containt any institutional or individually identifying information.
- Abstract and keywords will be added through the manuscript submission process in PeerTrack. Additionally, authors should include the abstract (centered) and keywords (flush left) below the title on the first page of the manuscript.
- Do include page numbers.
- Footnotes are allowed but should be kept to a minimum.
- Tables, figures, and appendices should not be included within the full manuscript. Tables, figures, and appendices should but placed in individual, separate Word documents. An in-text callout should be included within the manuscript. For example, "Table 1 summarizes..." or "Figure 1 shows..." If the manuscript is accepted for publication, tables and figures will be placed within the article as close to the in-text callout as the layout will allow. Manuscripts submitted with tables and figures included in the text of the manuscript will be returned to the author for resubmission.
- Double-space the text.
- Where available, must be provided as a link in the reference list. As a member of CrossRef, NACADA as the publisher, is required to include DOIs. Use the free DOI lookup on the website to check citations.
Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
There are additional rules governing the formatting of the final submission.
Peer Track Manuscript Management System. Authors upload their manuscripts into the Peer Track manuscript management system. Prompts will guide authors through the submission process. Please review carefully the following items required for a submission to be complete:
- Title Page: A separate title page allows for blind review, thus all identifying information is featured only on the title page. Additional information may be found .
- Abstract: The abstract should be included in the manuscript and also included during the submission process in the PeerTrack system. Abstracts must be 120 words or less. Additional information may be found .
- Manuscript Text: Upload a separate Word document (the body of the manuscript should be no more than 6000 words) that includes the title, abstract, key words, manuscript, and references. No identifying information (authors or institutions where the research took place) should be included in this manuscript file. Additional information may be found .
- Equations, Tables, Figures (where applicable). Equations, tables and figures should not be included within the body/text of the manuscript. In-text "callouts" should be included within the body of the manuscript (for example: "Figure 1 shows ..." or "Data in Table 2 provide evidence..."). Equations, tables and figures should be submitted in separate and individual Word documents and will be placed by publisher after in-text "callout." Specific guidelines for the formatting of equation, tables, and figures can be found here.
- Note: Equations, tables, figures, and appendices are not included in the manuscript's word count.
- Appendices (where applicable): Follow the appropriate guidelines for submitting appendices. These can be found here.
- References: Double check that all references listed in the text are in the reference list and that all references listed are noted in the text. Additional information can be found .
- While all accepted manuscripts will go through reference check, copyedit, and proofreading prior to publication, authors acknowledge that they understand the importance of and assume the responsibility for proper citation and representation of referenced material and data within their manuscript.
- Note: The reference list does not count towards the manuscript's word count.
- Authors’ Notes:
- The first paragraph of the Authors’ Notes should offer any acknowledgments.
- The second paragraph must include biographical information about all contributing authors. Each author bio should be approximately 100 words. Additional information can be found .
- Keywords and classifications:
- Keywords listed with the manuscript will also be uploaded separately into the PeerTrack submission platform
- In the classifications area, choose areas of intereest and specialization (e.g., first-generation students, career advising)
- Questionaire. Here authors are asked to indicate:
- any conflict of interest
- whether the manuscript is under consideration by any other publication venue
- agree to transfer copyright to NACADA should the manuscript be accepted for publication. Additional information .
- Corresponding Author and Reference Number. At upload, one author will be designated as the corresponding author and a unique identifier reference number will be assigned to the manuscript. Additional information ().
Technical Assistance. For technical assistance in submitting a manuscript to the NACADA Review, call Peer Track Support directly at (800) 627-0326 Ext. 178 or (785) 865-9178 Monday-Fridays 8 AM – 4:30 PM Central time. Authors may also email PeerTrack Support at email@example.com